You've been working as a Game Designer on the mobile game market for a while and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular?
On games where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Senior Mobile Game Designer.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for 10 years, and our goal is to develop casual and mid-core games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania, Disney Getaway Blast and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are an 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on games and share ideas with each others
• You would work in a small agile team of 2-3 brilliant and professional Game Designers where everybody’s inputs are valued
• The team will be international, we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney
Why work for us?
• Our office is in the downtown area, can be easily reached by public transport
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements
• Good performance is always recognized, so if the game you're working on makes a profit, you will receive regular bonuses
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screenings, as well as flu vaccinations
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity (we've been to paintball, quad, soap box, of course, we always have a goulash)
• Coffee, tea and fruits are always at your disposal
• We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
• You'll also get a fitness pass which gives you access to local venues
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
• This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
• As a senior game designer your responsibility is to understand how a 'game as a service' works from a user standpoint, how do they behave in it, so you can provide constant recommendation on improving the service.
• To do this, pre-release, you’re able to improve the design of the main features a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team.
• Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing / underperforming aspects of the game, find the reasons of why, and then provide suggestions for further improvements / solutions to problems.
What kind of professional are we looking for?
What are the qualifications I need for this position?
• At least 4 years of experience as a Game Designer (on the mobile game market)
• Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play mobile market
• Ability to set up a game design architecture, create the backbone of a complete game in terms of game design, maintain product vision
• Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
• Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them
• Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
• Fluent written and spoken English, concise writing skills
• Good knowledge on the use of Excel
• Experience in community managing, marketing or product management is a plus
What is important for us in a person?
• Ability to work in a team
• Aspiration for learning and self-development
Why do we enjoy working here?
• We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide
• Every year we organize several Game Jams where we take care of the food and drinks and you can just focus on having fun alongside your teammates
The selection process
You can apply with your English CV and portfolio. We will take a look at what you have created so far.
No cover letter is required. But if you usually play mobile, we would love to hear about your favorite ones.
Your CV will be reviewed by our Studio Manager and our Lead Game Designers and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home test, followed by a discussion with one of our HR colleagues and later with our Studio Manager and one of our Lead Game Designers. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Similar job opportunities
Relocate, Cyprus, Georgia (+2)Premium Hot