Ubisoft’s 20,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and community can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
You will be a part of the team responsible for the multiplayer game server’s development. Our game servers are distributed worldwide, so it's crucial for us to be efficient, stable, and care about quality. In addition, we have lots of experience with cutting-edge technologies such as Go, Kubernetes, Agones, and Vanguard.
As a part of the global developer’s community, you will be directly involved with the development and enhancement of the platform, providing flexibility, performance, and stability for Ubisoft’s most ambitious productions. You will contribute to their success by staying in direct contact with them daily, providing them with the best possible support. In addition, you will be committed to ensuring that the game meets the performance and functional standards that were set, from design to post-launch.
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
Develop a cutting-edge online platform and efficient online services in collaboration with game production teams and other partners
Design, code, and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring
Define and implement technical solutions that answer best platform needs
Work along with Team Lead and Product Manager to build implementation plans and estimations
· Collaborate with many production and support teams around the world (Montreal, Winnipeg, Craiova)
· Improve our product by identifying and fixing bugs reported by our partners
· Brings new ideas of improvement of the platform, procedures\processes and technologies used
· Remain informed of the latest technological advancements in online services and games.
· Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
What kind of professional are we looking for?
· Experience in Golang
· Prometheus, Grafana
· ELK stack
· Kubernetes, Docker
· CI\CD principles and tools
· Knowledge & experience in implementing microservices
· Knowledge in high-load systems implementation\scaling strategies
· Ability to learn quickly
· Autonomy and resourcefulness
· A collaborative spirit, good interpersonal and communication skills
Would be a plus:
· Experience in working within global distributed team
· Knowledge in the development and operation of online services or games
· Knowledge in AWS or Google Cloud or Azure services and hosted infrastructures
· Knowledge in Agones or Google Game Server or Amazon Gamelift game server
Why do we enjoy working here?
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.