You've been working as a UI Designer on the mobile game market for a while and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular?
On games where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Senior UI Game Designer.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for 10 years, and our goal is to develop casual and mid-core games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are an 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on games and share ideas with each other
• You would work in a small agile team of 4-5 brilliant and professional artists where everybody’s inputs are valued
• The team will be international, we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
Why work for us?
• Our office is in the downtown area and can be easily reached by public transport
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements (Also in this current global situation we are working from home)
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screenings, as well as flu vaccinations
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity
• Coffee and tea are always at your disposal in the office
• We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
• You'll also get a fitness pass to local venues in the city
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
We offer you an exceptional opportunity to design the user interfaces for our next mobile games. You will conceptualize and produce high-quality, appealing interfaces that are intuitive, functional and aesthetically pleasing.
• Collaborate with team to translate game systems and gameplay user experience goals into intuitive interfaces that support and enhance the game look and experience
• Observe and interpret results of usability testing and live game metrics
• Produce schemes of global flows with detailed requirements in collaboration with the game designers
• Pre-visualize, mock-up, prototype and animate UI designs
• Collaborate with artists locally to create high-fidelity mockups to solidify design direction and planning.
What kind of professional are we looking for?
You have passion for mobile games and your graphical/ergonomic style is contemporary and trendy. You can create pictograms, icons, buttons and their effects, and you have skills in multimedia page layout, associated typesetting choices and animation. You have a good sense of color, sense of style, confident and strong creativity.
• At least 4 years of experience in mobile games UI/UX design
• Knowledge of various smartphone application types
• Expert knowledge in Illustrator and Photoshop
• Experience in a video-game / multimedia / agency is a must
• Good prototyper skills (like Figma or similar program)
• Fluent English language skills
• Knowledge of After Effects / Flash for motion effects, transition menus is a plus
The selection process
You can apply with your English CV and your portfolio. We will look at what you have created so far.
If you have worked on your own game or application, send us your link and we will be happy to check it out!
No cover letter is required, just send us a couple of sentences why you are interested in joining Gameloft Budapest. If you usually play any mobile, PC, console or board games please share with us your favourite ones :)
Your application will be reviewed by our Studio Manager and Lead Game Designers and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home test and a zoom discussion with our HR colleague and a technical interview. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...