metricminds,Posted 8 months ago
Relocate, Remote, Frankfurt am Main
Our expertise lies in Realtime in-engine cutscenes and cinematics, motion and face capture, animation and motion editing. Moreover, we own and operate one of Europe's largest motion capture volumes for more than 20 years. We have had the pleasure to work with studios like: Guerrilla Games, THQ Nordic, 2K, Crytek, EA, CD Projekt Red, 1C, Epic Games, People Can Fly, Gearbox, Ubisoft, Sony, Techland and more!
What are you working on?
- The name of the project(s): 2 Unannounced AAA titles
- At what stage of the project(s)? Production
- Genres: Action, Adventure, Role-playing, Strategy, Sports, Fighting, MMO
- Platforms: PC, Console, VR/AR
Team size and structure?
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
Are you passionate about well-oiled production pipelines, efficient workflows, custom scripts, and tools?
metricminds create game cinematics for awesome studios. Our pipeline is based on Motionbuilder for maximum flexibility. We are looking for a Technical Animator to oversee the technical processes and improve how we work.
Can you supervise and properly handle bringing animated content (characters, face, cameras and other objects) from Motionbuilder/Maya into the Unreal Engine (Sequencer) and possibly also export them back as an animation workflow step?
Do you possess good inter-personal and communication skills, and do you have an ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team?
If you have a sense of initiative, originality and resourcefulness in problem solving, then we have the right challenge for you and metricminds sounds like your new home!
We are looking for someone who can proactively take care of this process, anticipate technical issues, and overcome them with a great problem-solving and scripting skillset, including experience in and outside of Unreal Engine.
What kind of professional are we looking for?
· 3+ years of professional experience working with animation pipelines
· Strong working experience with Autodesk Motionbuilder
· Experienced with data transfers between engines and content creation tools (Maya, Motionbuilder, etc.)
· Excellent knowledge and experience with Python scripting for task automation and creating scripts inside content creation tools
· Experience in Unreal Engine 4 or any professional game engine
· Possess an approachable, customer-oriented demeanor
· Strong communication skills and desire to collaborate with art, design, and engineering
· A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
Similar job opportunities
Remote, Germany, Berlin (+1)
Posted 1 week ago