Volmi – A Virtuos Studio,Posted 4 weeks ago
Remote, Kyiv, Warsaw
Volmi - A Virtuos Studio is a Ukrainian company, part of the global game development company Virtuos, specializing in creating art for games. We cooperate with the gaming industry’s leaders, participate in the creation of world-class projects and continue to grow our talented team.
We invite an experienced Technical Artist to join our team and develop a water solution for a AAA game title in cooperation with graphics programmers!
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
- Develop innovative tools and workflows that enable the creation of visually stunning and technically optimized game worlds;
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement and maintain creative assets;
- Develop technical documentation of game art assets.
What kind of professional are we looking for?
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Technical Artist or similar role in the game industry, with a proven track record of working on AAA titles;
- Proficient in using Unreal Engine 4 or 5, with a deep understanding of its art and rendering pipelines;
- Expertise in creating and optimizing shaders, materials, and visual effects for game environments;
- Experience developing custom tools and scripts to enhance and streamline art workflows;
- Strong knowledge of 3D modeling, texturing, and animation software, such as Maya, 3ds Max, ZBrush, and Substance Painter;
- Solid understanding of performance optimization techniques and best practices in game development;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams;
- A strong portfolio showcasing your work in technical art, including examples of custom tools, shaders, and optimized game assets;
- Experience with additional game engines and tools, such as Unity, Houdini, or World Machine, is a plus;
- At least Upper-Intermediate English level;
- Proficiency in Bluprints is essential, scripting in Python will be a great plus.
Why do we enjoy working here?
- A wide range of great AAA IPs to work on and career growth;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Office or remote work;
- Paid vacations, sick leave, and competitive salary;
- Team building, and other fun activities.
Let's make games better together!