SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions play daily.
We are looking for a Unity Lead developer to join us and be part of a game team. develop and maintain the game's client codebase & features and help provide top-level entertainment to our players.
What are you working on?
- Genres: Casino
- Platforms: iOS, Android
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
- Mentorship – Provide guidance and learning opportunities to other engineers to ensure people are progressing in their professional careers
- 1:1s – Schedule weekly meetings to check in on progress, job satisfaction, address concerns, and build relationships with team
- Driving the team – Set the example for expectations on professionalism and attitude and ensure that the team is aware of the importance of delivering quality products on time and the impacts of
- Hands-on manager, we expect 70%-80% of code writing while leading the team.
- Estimations and Accountability – Ensure that engineers are adequately able to correctly scope level of effort on game initiatives, neither under or overestimating, and can consistently meet their
- Code Reviews – review engineers’ work to ensure that it is of the highest quality and conforms to coding standards
- Pull Requests – Facilitate merging completed work into the mainline branches and ensuring that merged code operates as expected along with scheduling builds
- Facilitates communication – acts as a liaison between engineers and production to minimize communication issues, and ensure everyone is on the same page
- Leads engineering standups – Runs the daily engineering standup and keeps notes about any issues or roadblocks affecting the engineers and works to remove any barriers.
- Task Assignment and Delegation – Ensures that the engineers are assigned appropriate work based on their skill sets and that we always utilize our engineers to the fullest of their abilities.
- Create/review detailed feature/functional/technical requirements specifications
- Design a technical solution that meets product requirements together with the team.
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our codebase and features
- Write super-clean, testable, and well-documented code in C#
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementations, and help roll out system changes
- Follow quality engineering processes to deliver high-quality products and services
What kind of professional are we looking for?
- 8+ years of proven experience in unity development
- 3+ years of experience in cross-platform software architecture
- 2+ Years Management Experience
- Strong knowledge of C# and best practices
- Strong knowledge of SOLID, OOP principles, and design patterns
- Being able to lead while doing hands-on coding
- Experience with Agile methodology and working in sprints
- Experience with mobile platforms development
- Experience with native mobile development (Android / iOS) - Advantage
- Experience on a large-scale project
- Problem-solving DNA – able to solve complex problems with simple solutions
Why do we enjoy working here?
- Social package: paid vacation and sick leaves;
- Insurance coverage;
- Conferences compensation;
- Recommendation bonuses;
- Comfortable office in the city center (by necessary);
- Regular team buildings and other events;
- Work-life balance;
- Friendly environment.
Similar job opportunities
Relocate, Remote, Cyprus, Georgia (+3)Premium
Irismart Recruiting (Gamedev)
Relocate, Remote, Cyprus, Poland
Posted 2 days ago